THE ORTHODOX CHURCH OF THE HOLY MARTYRS VERA, NADEJDA, LUBOV AND THEIR MOTHER SOFIA IN SOSNOWIEC.
THE CHURCH BELONGS TO THE KRAKOW DEANERY OF LODZ AND POZNAN DIOCESE OF THE POLISH AUTOCEPHALOUS ORTHODOX CHURCH
The parish was founded on November 28, 1889, when the new church of the Holy Martyrs Vera, Nadezda, Lubov and their mother Sophia was solemnly consecrated. Today it is the only one Orthodox church in the entire Silesian Voivodeship.
The territory of the parish is very extensive, it includes the Silesian-Zaglebovsky metropole, the Rybnik agglomeration, Cieszynska Silesia and Podbeskidzie.
In our parish there are diverse nationalities and traditions, many different languages coud be heard. The parish is made up of Orthodox Poles, as well as Ukrainians, Russians, Belarusians, Serbs, Romanians, Greeks, Lemks and Silesians.
The Father Superior of the Church from September 2018 is the priest Father Mikolaij Dziewiatowsky. Doctor of Theology.